Friday, January 17, 2014

Still here!

Hi, my primitive friends.  No, I haven't dropped off the face of the earth, I have been so busy and I cannot believe it is 2014.  Happy New Year to you all. 
I have been very busy with orders even though I have been such a bad blogger.  I have been stitching, weaving, pouring wax, covering boxes and mostly trying to keep up with all of this snow.  We have set many records this year for snowfall already.  In December we had double the amount of snow than recorded in many years.
Just thought I would share a few pictures of what I've been doing.  I also have high hopes of designing at least 3 samplers this year.  I have already sketched them out and one of them was a design I stitched last year but just didn't get made into a pattern.  Here are 3 sets of boxes I covered and distressed recently but they have all sold.
I do have two Valentine samplers available if you might be interested.  Just email me at basketpam@gmail.com
This snowman on an antique funnel is also available.
I am currently working on many spring cross stitch pieces and will be adding them to my selling blog as I complete them.  I am also doing quite a bit of punch needle recently. I did several pieces this past fall and Christmas. 
I hope to start blogging again at least once a week as well as posting items on my selling blog.  I am still selling the 15th of the month on Early Work Mercantile. 
My husband had knee surgery the beginning of December and just returned to work on Tuesday.  It was so awesome to have him home through the holidays.  I am looking forward to his retirement which is at least 3 years away yet.  We are expecting another grandchild in August which we are beyond excited about.  Kohen and Liam are in school now, Kohen in preschool and Liam in kindergarten.  They love it so far and are doing well.   
I have missed my blogging buds and I promise I will do better.  I have several wonderful spring molds for my beeswax and plan on pouring next month. 
I preserved tons of sweet annie and dried lavender from our garden last summer so I will be offering several of these sweet baskets.  I also plan to offer the other items pictured.


 
I have a nice supply of beeswax which I scent and dye black that I bought from a local beekeeper.  I am also back to working in my shop on baskets a few hours a day.  I am so thankful the orders keep coming in, no thanks to myself as I have not done much to promote my wares.  We have a few plans to do a little remodeling this year as well.  Nothing major, some new flooring and some painting.  After Simon retires I have bigger plans though I don't think he is aware of that yet.
thanks for stopping by.  I have truly missed you all.  I wish you good health, happiness, peace and many blessings this year.
til next time,
pam
 
 

13 comments:

Jessica said...

Wow you have not posted in a very long time! Glad to see you are still around. :) Congrats on another grandbaby!

Lee Morrison said...

So good to have you back Pam! We've missed you!! Congratulations on your new grandchild. Looking forward to seeing what new goodies you have in store this year!

Prims By The Water said...

Hope you will be bringing those baskets to Dawn's show as we will be there! Glad to have you back and I am so tired of snow..ready for Spring. Janice

The Moonlit Stitch said...

Quite a few who don't blog any longer I wonder what happened! Glad you are creating your wonderful wares! Congrats on your new grandbaby and glad your hubby is healed. Love your work! ~*~Lisa

Earlene Landis said...

So glad your back Pam!
Hugs
Earl

Earlene Landis said...

So glad your back Pam
Earlene

Karen ~ Life In A Primitive English Cottage said...

No wonder you haven't posted Pam, your so busy I don't know how you fit it all in! And yes after 2 years absent from blogging am back posting and sewing

HomeSpunPrims said...

Pam,
You've been on my mind so much lately. So good to see you post. I'm glad Simon is doing well and could go back to work. And that you are so busy with orders. Good for you! Wishing you a healthy, fruitful 2014 my friend. Big hugs, Lori

Rugs and Pugs said...

Pam ~
So good to hear from you! You've made some wonderful creations. Love your beeswax items!
Stay warm!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Never So Simple said...

Pam I have so missed you. I think of you often. Glad to see you blogging. I have not posted in months. I am about to do a post mostly with life's updates. I sure miss you and Kath blogging.

Donna

Elisabetta said...

All your finishing are so prim and wonderful !!!!

April said...

Glad you are back blogging Pam !!! I love all that you have been working on!

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

I know what you mean girl... 2014 is flying by! I had plans like you to get back to blogging because I also miss my blogging buds lots but time just gets away from us, doesn't it? Your wares are wonderful Pam! Loving the covered boxes, well loving everything!!

Glad hubby is fine and that you had him home for the holidays, that is nice. Congrats on the new grandbaby... he/she will be here before you know it!

I'm gonna try my hand at lavender. I always heard it was hard to grow so I stayed away from it but after some research, I don't think it's gonna be as hard as some say. Your baskets of lavender and sweet annie are beyond adorable!!

Nice to catch up with you. Have a delightful week my friend~