Thursday, March 14, 2013

March update on EWM

Hi, friends!  Our snow just started to dissipate when we received another half of a foot yesterday.  Oh, do I ever have cabin fever this year!  I think some of our banks where we have plowed will last until the 4th of July. 
Just wanted to let you know I have updated my page on Early Work Mercantile.  I have 2 samplers, a covered box with pinkeeps and a small shaker cheese basket with a stitched egg listed this month.  I did a fun sampler named Bessie Polk that was inspired by Pineberrylane's newest design "This Have I Done".  I used the little gal from her sampler with permission.  I couldn't sleep one night and came up with the short verse " I don't like stitchin' but it's better than a switchin'.  Most small girls in days of yore were taught to stitch at a very young age.  Poor Bessie didn't like it and it shows by "Not my best work".  Too fun.
I have completed one of the full samplers from Pineberry's wonderful design which can be found on Patternmart or her website.  Two more to go, actually three more as I must stitch one for myself. 
thanks for stopping by, I'll be back soon with more pictures.  Merry Spring to all
til next time ~
pam

10 comments:

Ranae said...

I love it, what a great little piece

prims by olde lady morgan said...

Pam, I always so love your creations. We have been cold here, but most of the snow has melted off...I am so ready for spring too! They said on the news year ago we were at 81, broke a record, today 36.... cold... OLM

The Moonlit Stitch said...

Love the colors and frame! Banks up north too, hurry up spring! ~*~Lisa

Rugs and Pugs said...

I love your little Bessie sampler. Too sweet.
Hugs :)
Lauren

moosecraft said...

Merry Spring to ya'! That's a great verse and love your sampler!

cucki said...

i love it too x

Sandra said...

Your sampler is the cutest thing. I love that verse . . . wish I had thought of it.
Hope your snow goes away and Spring can arrive. We are going to have a very cold weekend with lots of rain.
Many Happy Stitches,
Sandra

nathaliepoppy said...

I love !!!
I am working on a sampler schoolgirl at the moment !!!
Have a great Sunday
Love
Nat

Teresa said...

Ciao Pam, รจ bellissimo questo lavoro, teresa

Elisabetta said...

Really wonderful finish! I love the colours and the frame!