Monday, April 30, 2012

Long time no blog

Hi, everyone ~ I apologize for not keeping up with my blog.  First I want to thank everyone for the emails I received when we lost our friend Mary to cancer.  Mary fought hard for almost 2 years and passed peacefully with her family at her side.

Is spring in your neck of the woods yet?  It’s still quite chilly here and it’s raining today.  I haven’t been making many baskets lately.  Long story short we had to remove our wonderful little antique woodstove from the shop for insurance reasons so I haven’t  had heat out there.  Before fall we will have a little gas furnace out there so we can stay warm but it won’t be as cozy as that little antique wood burner.  It’s supposed to warm up this week so I am back to taking orders if you are interested. 

I’ve been stitching quite a bit and have completed a few orders.    Wendy of Pineberrylane designed a wonderful “martha brown”  marking sampler and I had a customer request one unframed.  I love how it turned out and it’s stitched in my favorite colors.  Wendy’s patterns are available for instant download on Patternmart.  martha

This project is unfinished but it’s from the girls club designed by Stacy Nash available at country stitches of Spring Green, Wi.  I love that big ole brown cow. 

brown cow

I also joined the prim sisters club from there but haven’t started the first project yet and soon it will be time for Primitive Betty’s to be mailed.  Too many patterns, not enough time, lol.     Here is a customer request to be used as a little bowl filler my friend Ann ordered.  Most gals use the year they were married minus 100 years.  They also look so cute in a doll’s lap as I’ve shown here.

davis

I’ve been stitching quite a few of the “goode things” designed by Lori Brechlin.  Sandy S.  yours are stitched, just have to sew them and stain them.   My favorite colors again, blues and browns.

goode things

Towards the end of March we had a sudden snowstorm and received about 2 feet of snow in 2 days.  It’s all gone now but I was beginning to worry that we would have snow until the 4th of July. 

me, snowbanks

Here’s Simon, the banks even dwarf him and he’s tall. 

simon

Here’s a picture of our little “travelers” at their motel room.  They just got home from a trip to the Niagara Falls.  What an awesome view.  This was on the Canadian side of the Falls. 

292604_10150755711817020_904298658_n

I so hope to become a better blogger and I have several packages to mail tomorrow if you are waiting for something from me, it’s on it’s way.  I had quite a little slump after Mary’s passing and I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for your prayers. 

I’ll leave you with a sneak peek of one of my wares which will be on Earlyworkmercantile tonight.  Thanks so much for stopping by and I wish you all a very merry month of May.  I hope to be back very soon, also I will be updating my selling blog soon and right here there is a giveaway in the works. 

mercy

til next time ~

pam

17 comments:

BumbleBeeLane said...

Pam so sorry for your loss.Big hugs for you.Looks like you are at peace with it...Snow well we never got a "real" storm all winter this year.Warm Blessings!~Amy

Janet - underthewillow said...

Hi Pam!...it so good to see you posting!...I am enjoying the basket you made for the foot of our bed...I decided that I preferred folded textiles inside it instead of dolls...I'm still not quite done but will be sure to post pics when I am...what a cute pic of the boys, Niagra Falls, wow!...I've always wanted to go there and have heard the view is indeed better on the Canada side...your stitcheries are lovely!

Janet

Robyn ♥ said...

I am so sorry for your loss! Hugs to you and prayers to Mary's family.

Your grandkids look in awe of the waterfall! The Canadian side is so pretty!

Your wares are beautiful as is everything you create!!

Sandi @ The Primitive Skate said...

So sorry for your loss. My Prayers go out to you. Your Grandchildren look like they are enjoying the Beautiful view. Love your stitcheries.

sandraallen260@centurytel.net

Cottonwood Lane Primitives said...

So sorry for your loss. Sometimes you have to spend time doing things other than blogging and your blog friends will still be here when you are able to pick it up again. Your work is beautiful and I'd be thrilled if I got that much done in a month! ~Roberta

prims by olde lady morgan said...

Pam, I have thought of you mny times over the last couple of weeks... I am so glad to see you back in blogland!
Oh My the snow.. we never got a big snow this year.. In March we had 8 days in the 80's,,,then cold, cold, cold, now... though this week they say we should warm up. Lovin all your pin keeps!!! BUT that sampler is to die for wonderful!!!! OLM

earlene said...

Glad your back Pam
Snow! Omg look at all of it...thank goodnes we didn't get it. Warmer weather this week ahead of us...yippee!
oxox

Jan - Life on Buttermilk Hill said...

So sorry for the loss of your friend. Your stitchings are lovely--I just love samplers! That's a great view from the boy's hotel room--I'm hoping to get to Niagara this year. The view is much prettier from the Canadian side--but the American side is breathtaking also!! We haven't been there for a few years.--Jan

The Moonlit Stitch said...

It's still cold here too. Glad you have been creating! ~*~Lisa

Prims By The Water said...

Raining over here on our side of Michigan. I still wold like that basket when you get a chance to make it. Take care, Janice

cynthia lee designs said...

So sorry about the loss of your friend.
Love the goodies that you've been making.
It was about 80 degrees here today and we had to turn on the AC.
hugs,
Cindy

moosecraft said...

All in good time... no more, no less. Hugs to you! Lovely stitches you have been making! The snow pictures look so refreshing.... but, glad it melted away for you already.

Karen/My Colonial Home said...

Morning Pam AND WELCOME BACK...but there was a good reason you were MIA...you were helping with your friend...what a wonderful thing to do.
Your new creations are wonderful.
I just wish I had Two (maybe 3 of me) to be able to ALL the wonderful things that are in my head.

Sweet picture of the boys.

Karen

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Hi, Pam~ glad you are back~ but my deepest sympathy for your and your friends family~may she rest in peace~
Teresa

HomeSpunPrims said...

Pam,
So good to see you post! I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend Mary. What a blessing you could be with her and her family. I know it must have been a great comfort to them and you too.

Love all your stitched pieces. You get so much stitched!

The boys are darling. We got to go to the Canadian side of Niagra Falls once. It really is beautiful. Had a PT Cruiser then and took a trip there for a Cruiser gathering.

Take care and show us what you are working on. It's always fun to see what you are up to. Hugs, Lori

Angie Berry said...

Sorry about Mary's passing. It was so good of you to be there to help her out.

Goodness, you are right... so many patterns, so little time, lol. I wanted to join the prim sisters club but didn't for that reason. I have a pile of patterns just waiting for me. =[ Your finishes are beautifully prim!

Mounds of snow! Glad it's gone, haha. Cute little boys and an awesome view, wow!

Beth said...

Lovely embroidery, Pam! You wrote and asked where in the midwest I live and garden: Iowa. You said we are way ahead of you. In fact we are about a month ahead of where we usually are; we had a very mild winter. Thanks for visiting my blog and have a nice wknd!
Blessings, Beth