Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Happy Leap Year, new cupboard, updates

Hi, everyone ~ long time no blog.  It seems like everyone around here has taken their turn being sick since January but we are all feeling better.  Simon and Liam both had pneumonia and I’m so thankful they are better.  The little boys are coming Saturday to spend the night and the next day they are going to Disney World.  We had quite a storm today and all of the schools were closed again so at least they can spend some fun times in the sun.  We will be keeping their German shorthair for them while they are gone. 

I have been working on orders but did have to take a break last week, I just didn’t feel well.  I’m very happy to report that all is well now.  

I found a fabulous antique “milk” cupboard top in Traverse City the other day.  It is actually green but the paint is original so it is very faded and with my yelloware in it, the cupboard almost looks gray/blue. 

green cupboard

I love how it looks with the sun shining in.  The doors have screen inserts. 

closeup of shelves

cupboard, firkin

I also did a little tweaking with my fowl rack, I ended up hanging two whisk brooms on the lower hooks.  Much better ~

fowl rack with brooms

I also moved a few things around in the living room, I will be sharing more photos later.  The blue and white quilt is from Pennsylvania, 1800s. 

living room

I’ve updated my selling blog with a couple of things and also my page at www.earlyworkmercantile.com  Here are a couple of things I’ve added

covered blue boxes

spring eggs

I will also soon be offering some flop eared bunnies in little boxes on my selling blog.  They will arrive at your home in a small painted and distressed paper mache box with some dried grass.

beeswax flop eared bunny

I received my kit today from Country Sampler in Spring Green, Wi.  for the new girls club ~ prim sisters.  Wendy of www.pineberrylane.com kicked it off for March with an awesome cross stitched bag.  I love it.  Betty D. from primitive betty’s and Lori B. from Notforgotten farm are the other two designers.  One kit every two months and the best part is that everything to complete the project is included. 

I want to leave you with one last sweet photo.  Can you believe our sweet Lucy will be a year old at the end of April already??  We skyped with Rachael and Lucy, she is crawling all over the place and has a mouthful of teeth.  She is so adorable and we miss them all so much.  Isn’t she beautiful?

February_126

Well, thanks so much for stopping by.  I’m sorry I’ve been neglecting my blog but I promise to try and do better. 

Happy Leap Year and Happy March.

til next time ~

pam

17 comments:

Jan - Life on Buttermilk Hill said...

What an adorable baby--I can see why you miss her!! Love her cupcake shirt. Your new/old cupboard has a beautiful patina.-Jan

A Primitive Place ~ Tammy said...

Oh Pam, she sure is Beautiful!
How sweet.

Love that cupboard.
It looks wonderful with all your yellow ware.
Wonderful tweaking too!

Hugs,
Tam

Farmhouse prims said...

Hi Pam, little Lucy sure is adorable. Love your new cabinet and your new offerings are prim perfect. So glad you are feeling better, Hugs, Lecia

Trace4J said...

Hi New Friend
I am a new follower. I just love your prim home. What a beautiful girl I look forward to getting to know you.
You are a very talented gal.
Blessings Trace

www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

BumbleBeeLane said...

Wonderful new cupboard! Love how you displayed your yelloware in it.Lucy just adorable they get big so fast.Warm Blessings!~Amy

HomeSpunPrims said...

Pam, what a dolly your little Lucy is! Cute, cute picture. So sorry to hear your family has been sick. I'm glad it has passed for all of you.

That cupboard is the bomb girl! It looks perfect with your yellow ware in it. Congrats on a great find! Love all of your decorating pics.

All of your handmades are as wonderful as ever. Take care and it's good to see you back blogging. Hugs, Lori

Raggedy Creations said...

Love your cupboard with the yellow ware and April is such a sweet baby.

Felicia

prims by olde lady morgan said...

Pam, Saw glad to see you in blogland! Just no fun when everyone is sick. So glad everyone is on the mend! Love all your last creations!!!! I am going to need one of those bunnies once their ready! LOL!!! Just go ahead and PP me!!!! HEHE! OLM

Holly Hills Primitives said...

Hi Pam, so glad to hear you are feeling better! Is there anything more precious than a little girl named Lucy? Our Lucy is coming to spend the night on Saturday night, can't wait. Looking forward to my package, I'm so excited. Your new cupboard is FANTASTIC! Talk to you soon, Dawn

Prims By The Water said...

Lucy is such a cutie! That cupboard looks gorgeous with your yellowware. We had freezing rain yesterday morning and a thunderstorm last night with it raining most of the night. Weird weather for our neck of the woods in Michigan. Take care, Janice

Janet - underthewillow said...

Hi Pam!...love your wares and your "new" cupboard is fantastic!...I'm glad to hear everyone is feeling well for the time being and yes, Lucy is beautiful...my first thought at seeing this picture was that I am seeing Simon in her...I'm sure you you just want to hug and kiss her all up!

Janet :)

cynthia lee designs said...

Love your new "old" cupboard!!
Lucy is adorable!!
hugs,
Cindy

Rugs and Pugs said...

Pam ~
Your Lucy is just too sweet! What a precious little girl.
LOVE your new cupboard top!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Thistle House Primitives said...

Love the new cupboard!! Great piece to display your treasures! Wishing you and your family good health!
Terri

Karen/My Colonial Home said...

Good morning Pam...I haven't been to your wonderful blog in ages and I see you have added some more gorgeous photos of the little ones...COULD THEY BE ANY CUTER...goodness you just want to cuddle them.

THANKS FOR VISITING MY BLOG...you are always so sweet with your comments.

Now on to the good stuff (well the kiddos were included in the 'good stuff'...lol
The cupboard top...OMGosh - GORGEOUS....and your collection of bowls is just awesome.
Wonderful new goods you have made.
Friday I bought lots and lots of fabric to FINALLY get my Mache boxes done. About time I think...have had them over 2 years now and I do think there is about 40 of them! lol
Blessings to you all and glad your ickies is all but gone.

Karen

Hillcresthome Prims said...

HI Pam, I had to get on here and let you know I LOVE your old cupboard and all your beautiful yellow ware. It is amazing.
I also love your whisk brooms, they are
AWESOME!!!!!I have an old prim cupboard and guess what color it is the early blue you love. Ken bought it for me about 5 Christmases ago and I LOVE it!!!!


I love your blue and white early quilt from Pennsylvania! BEAUTIFUL!!

The best picture is that cutie pie of yours. she is beautiful!

Love you friend,
Hugs and kisses and for your prayers.
Tricia XO,

sigit hermawan said...

thanks for sharing useful info for me, glad to be part of this site, are also proud to comment on this site, our greetings: sigit