Wednesday, September 7, 2011

A LITTLE BIT OF FALL, LOTS OF PICTURES

Hi, everyone!  It sure seems like fall here in Michigan.  We’ve had to cover our garden the last two nights and also had a fire in the woodstove already.  The evenings and nights are downright chilly, back to sweatshirts and flannel pjs for me.  I got out my totes of fall treasures and started adding a few touches around our home.  I’m still waiting for my bittersweet to come that I ordered but I expect it soon.  It was to be shipped around the first of September.  Hopefully our bittersweet plants will produce next year.  I have four of them, they are really growing and are about 4 years old.  I thought I would share a few pictures of what I have added so far. 

candle keep, basket with bittersweet

candle, loveseat

chickweed

counter

corner in the kitchen

crocks

crow on hogscraper

blue cabinet

dough bowl rack, trencher

cupboard with crocks

basket with gourd

fall blessings

Hester

Fall_1843

kitchen table with crocks

matilda in the porch

netty kitty

miz punk and patches

old chippy white box

field_harvest_angel_&_black_pumpkins

mrs. groves and hedy

peg rack

prim box from kath

providence old acre

old desk

ugly_pumpkins

Here’s a 3 foot sunflower that I dried last year, I don’t have just the right container for it so I think I will end up adding some jute and hanging it on the door.  I hope to dry some more this year.  I also added a few to one of my beesting crocks. 

3 ft. dried sunflower Here’s a closeup of it.

closeup of sunflower

Here are a couple of things I’ve added to my selling blog today.  If you get a chance pop on over to see my new offerings.

1706 crows

 

give thanks ditty bag

beeswax_pumpkins

black pumpkin hanger

A couple of shots of what’s still growing.  Our sunflowers and gourds have done fantastic this year.  I will have tons of gourds to decorate with and to dry for next year.

gourd

mixed sunflowers

evening sunset sunflower

Here are a few things I have stitched, just waiting to be stained and framed.

azaiha nye

witch, cat

Well, I hope my pictures didn’t bore you.  I didn’t realize there were so many and I’m still decorating.  Just a few more gourds to add here and there and then the bittersweet when it arrives.  I still have to decorate outside yet but the pumpkins aren’t ready yet.   I hope you are all having a great week.  I’m so enjoying this fall weather and we have leaves turning already.  Take good care!

til next time ~

pam

29 comments:

Mary said...

Love your work Pam!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Oh Pam - You made my day - took me away to a perfect place for a good bit. You can come decorate my nest anytime! Your taste and mine are like two peas in a pod I swear!! I LOVE every single thing....Amazing....I don't even know where to begin commenting...so I'll just leave it at this: WOW!! Know I have to figure out how to reconnect my lower jaw to the upper part. ;o) Thanks so much for this wonderful taste of fall. Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Christine said...

So far so fab, Pam! I love all your fall decor and your x stitch pieces are wonderful!
Best wishes
Christine

Penny said...

Wow! Your home looks fantastic!! I must admit I'm a tad bit jealous.... I haven't gotten my fall boxes out yet. But what an inspiration your beautiful home is for me!! Maybe I'll pull them out tomorrow!
I just received the Azaila Nye pattern in the mail from Lori -- am sooooo anxious to stitch it up! Your's looks great, as do your other stitcheries....
Thanks for sharing (never too many pics!!)

Raggedy Creations said...

Not bored at all Pam. Love all the tweaking and thanks for sharing the fall pictures.

~Felicia

annie said...

I love your pictures!

The Country Nest said...

Love it all Pam. The witch cross stitch and the Fall Blessings blocks. Will they be on the selling blog??
Donna

Tammy ~ A Primitive Place said...

Oh Pam...
DROOL!!!
So many yummy photos!
Everything looks wonderful.
What an awesome sunflower!!
I didnt get around to putting a garden out this year. :(

Heading back to look again,
Tam

HomeSpunPrims said...

Love your fall decor Pam. It all looks fabulous! Thanks for sharing. It's always fun to see other collections. Hugs, Lori

earlene said...

Pictures 18, 19 and 20 made my eyes bug out! That orange pumpkin doll with cat in the pouch is cool!!!! Did you make that? And I love the two after that.
Everything looks great, you were busy, and it is NOT boring!
I debated turning on the furnace tonight so instead I put on a sweater and sweatshirt and covered up with a blanket:)
Hugs
Earlene

Farmhouse prims said...

Hi Pam, hope you are having a lovely day!! I could just look at pictures of your decorating all day, you sure have that prim touch, I love your old bowls, your crocks, all your pumpkins, the pumpkin with kitty, you kitty witch, dolls, just everything! It is like looking at a prim magazine, thanks for sharing. Hugs, Lecia

Raymond Homestead said...

Everything looks great! Thanks for sharing! I love your header by the way!

jennifer768 said...

Pam your home looks wonderful with all of your Fall goodies! I always enjoy your pics and never get bored.Hugs,Jen

Lee Hill Primitives said...

Love it! Great Fall decor,your collection of extreme dolls are amazing. Can't wait to see more pic's.

cynthia lee designs said...

Oh Pam...I loved seeing your Fall decor. Everything looks great!! Love, love, love the sunflower!!
Hope you are having a great week.
blessings,
Cindy

Janet - underthewillow said...

Hi Pam!...no way would your pictures ever bore anybody!...you have so many wondering prims!...thank you for sharing!

Janet

~Judy~ said...

Hi Pam! I always love reading your blog posts and especially seeing tour pictures. Your Fall decorating is perfect! You have been very busy as always. 'm curious about how you dry out your gourds?? Do you have to do anything special to them or just let them lay out somewhere??

hugs, Judy

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

loved seeing all your fall goodies..wow a fire already..we will be sometime at the end of October..or so..love all the goodies you have made up too...love the give thanks bag.;) have a great rest of your week.;)

•♦•©The Olde Weeping Cedar •♦• said...

Love it-Love it-LOVE IT!! :) A perfect 'celebration of FALL' in your home!!

Sabrina @Falling Leaf Woodworkers and Primitives said...

Wow Pam, your home looks wonderful. You certainly have the knack for decorating. Love all the pictures. Thanks for sharing

Gettysburg Homestead said...

Your home is just fabulous Pam!!! And you have been super busy stitching all those samplers. They are awesome!

Holly Hills Primitives said...

I think everyone has said it all - WOW!!! Everything looks wonderful. I love the hooked rug (Olde Rag Dolls) along with everything else. Did you get a frost? It's chilly down here today too. Enjoy the woodstove, Dawn

Meadowbrook Cabin Primitives said...

Pam,

Oh, loving your autumn goodies and your prim goods ..love the stitcheries !

My lame / sparse fall decor is sitting in the boxes .. have to do that today.

Thanks for sharing the photos..

Our leaves are turning , also ! And it is cooler here, too.

Hugs,
Linda

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Pam
Your home looks fall cozy~ terrific prim displays~ love the crocks & that big dried sunflower!!!
Wonderful job on your goodies~
smiles
Teresa

Bless Your Heart pRiMs said...

Your pictures are wonderful...and not boring at all! Love all your decorations for fall, too...you are so talented at decorating.
I miss the fall season down here in FL....but not the snow that comes later, lol.
Can't wait to see your new stitcheries.
Have a great day!
Char

frontporchprims said...

Your house would be a lovely place to visit in the fall. Everything looks so beautiful and inviting. I love the colors and especially the dolls. -Steph-

Plumruncreek ♥ said...

Love all your pictures!!

Karen ~ Life In A Primitive English Cottage said...

You have been busy Pam and everywhere looks so festive, you seem to have added just the right amount of Autumn to all your displays, loved all your pictures!

We have had leaves falling off the trees here for about 3 weeks now, the unusually warm spring we had seems to have thrown everything out this year, enjoy the fall weather!

Jenny said...

Your house looks so fun, Pam! Love all your prims!
Have a great weekend!
Jenny